For many small business owners, spring is an ideal time of year to review, revise and renew business procedures, processes and strategies. Decluttering is something we all do during our spring-cleaning process and business owners are certainly not exempt from this task. Spring is certainly the best time of year for cleaning, organizing and setting long-term goals. With that said, the team here at Tax Alternatives wants to share some simple yet smart tips that can help you and your small business be more organized.
SPRING CLEANING AND ORGANIZING TIPS
1. FOLLOW THE TREND- GO PAPERLESS– There are so many businesses and individuals today who still use and prefer paper, whether paper bills, checks, agreements or proposals, to name a few. This old-fashioned habit can be quite costly, certainly opens the door to greater risks and can be more than time consuming. If your office is cluttered with endless paperwork, then now is the time to consider going paperless. Going paperless can help to get your finances on track and reduce expenses. Further, this modern-day trend can improve efficiency overall, reduce clutter and can be an added layer of security for your business.
- Set up your online banking and credit card services – You may already have taken advantage of these state-of-the-art tools. Be sure to adopt the many features, however, that come along with online banking and credit card sites such as electronic credit card and bank statements and electronic check copies. This will not only save you money and time, but will drastically reduce clutter and disorganization in your small business. Take time to set up login information for selected members of your business organization, along with delivery and various notification options as well.
- Invest in QuickBooks – Integrating your business bookkeeping with your online credit card and bank accounts is beneficial to your business functions. QuickBooks works with any standard accounting system and is an ideal organizational resource and tool that will greatly benefit you and your business.
2. EXAMINE AND REVIEW ALL OUTSTANDING INVOICES – A very important part of your company’s financial health is that of effectively and efficiently managing credit and collections. It is important to review any outstanding invoices on a regular basis to ensure proper payments are received in a timely
fashion. It is also wise to review your accounts receivables monthly and be sure you have a solid handle on the numbers. By performing these weekly and monthly reviews you are able to properly manage your cash flow and stay on top of clients who owe you money.
3. TAKE STEPS TO ENSURE YOUR DATA INTEGRITY – Be sure that all your data is completely, properly and regularly backed up. Whatever software support services you have purchased, be mindful of your version of software programs you are using to ensure your support services are in effect and have not expired.
OUR TRUSTED TEAM STANDS READY TO HELP
Cleaning up, organizing and decluttering your small business does not have to be a desperate challenge or task. When you look to the professionals here at Tax Alternatives, rest assured you are putting your trust into the hands of some of the absolute best in the industry. Our team of certified professionals stands ready to meet your every need. Spring is upon us and what better time of year to reach out to our team of specialists to help you organize and declutter your business processes and procedures.
Give a shout out to one of our staff and schedule a free consultation so we can help you spring clean your small business with our premier bookkeeping, accounting and payroll services. Here at Tax Alternatives our clients are always our number one priority. With the beautiful Easter season upon us, our family sends along Easter blessings to all our valued clients!