Prior to the 2020 pandemic, most businesses were very much against employees working remotely from home. The consensus was that employees cannot possibly be as productive when working from home than they are in an office environment.
Though it is a perfect way to enhance an employee’s dedication and overall morale, working from home was indeed not a favored choice by most companies. Here at Tax Alternatives, we wanted to share some of the benefits that come into play when employees work from home rather than commute into the office every day. We thought this information would be interesting and insightful to our readers.
What are Some of the Benefits?
There are surely a number of benefits to allowing your employees to work from home. As we mentioned above, it can certainly increase employee morale and happiness. However, there is a whole lot more to share with you.
- Turnovers are minimized – Employees working remotely tend to stick with their jobs. The number of turnovers is drastically reduced when you have employees who are a whole lot happier with the simple fact that they don’t have to commute to work and can work in the comfort of their very own homes.
- Productivity is higher – For the same reasons above, happy and satisfied employees, statistics have shown us that productivity levels are often times higher for employees who are working from home.
- Forget the commute – How wonderful it is not to have to deal with the morning and evening commute to and from your work place. Without having to commute to work, it’s obvious that employees have even more time to perform their jobs and be more productive overall. Time is valuable.
- Added quality time – When employees are not faced with commuting to and from their jobs, they actually have more free time and even more energy to perform other tasks. This added free time helps them to better balance their work and home life and gives them more time to spend with family or on their own self-improvement.
- Comfortable meetings – For those who work from home, scheduled meetings tend to be a whole lot less stressful. Virtual meetings were an absolute must during the pandemic and have proven to be just as professional and successful following the pandemic. The consensus is the in-person meetings tend to be more demanding and stressful whereas virtual meetings are far more relaxed and appreciated by most.
There is a Downside
When working in the office, employees have a social interaction with one another. This social time together is important to your company culture and even important to the well-being and mental state of many employees. Though working remotely from home takes away this
healthy interaction, providing virtual options can alleviate the feeling of separation or isolation and keep the door open to healthy employee interactions and relationships.
Maximize Employee Needs and Productivity
One sure way of maximizing the needs of both employers and employees is to put a hybrid office structure in place. This simply means that you have a central office location and that employees are allowed to work remotely but still come into the office one or two days per week. This flexible workplace setting and concept allows companies to embrace both their successful workplace model from years past and the new concept of working remotely together. A hybrid structure allows both employers and employees to reap the rewards of both worlds and experience job satisfaction, work performance, employee happiness and retention as well as overall future company presence and success.
The Pros You Can Trust
Well, there you have it. Our helpful insight on the benefits employees’ experience when they can work from home. We hope you have found this blog useful and want to remind you if you are looking to outsource any of your company functions, whether bookkeeping, accounting, payroll or tax preparation, to name a few, then look no further than the pros here at Tax Alternatives.
Working remotely can benefit employees greatly and outsourcing some of your business functions can certainly benefit you, the business owner, as well. Reach out to one of our team members today for more information on the high-quality outsourcing services we offer and learn how you too can have more quality time to focus on important business operations and revenues!