Most small business owners have a full plate each and every day. With so many employees working remotely now, regularly scheduled virtual meetings have become an important component for successful small businesses. With the number of changes that have had to be incorporated in the past couple of years to accommodate employees working remotely, adding regularly scheduled meetings has only added to the challenges.
WHY SCHEDULE REGULAR VIRTUAL MEETINGS
More and more companies are having to rely upon virtual meetings and business owners have had to find ways to ensure that these meetings are not only efficient but productive. Here at Tax Alternatives, we want to remind our many clients of the reasons why meetings should be scheduled. First and foremost, scheduled meetings ensure that everyone is operating on the same page. Further, meetings help to ensure that your business is operating effectively and on track and provides an opportunity for problems to be solved. In addition, meetings are an ideal way to brainstorm new ideas and discuss solutions to a variety of problems. Scheduled meetings are an ideal way to keep everyone productive and be able to stay focused on individual and company goals. When you take all the appropriate steps to conducting an effective meeting, then rest assured each of these important tasks can be accomplished.
STEPS TO TAKE TO ENSURE THAT YOUR VIRTUAL MEETING IS PRODUCTIVE AND EFFECTIVE
There are a number of simple steps to take to ensure that your regularly scheduled virtual meetings are productive and effective.
- Maintaining meeting efficiency is critical to the successful meeting. People are used to conducting meetings in person which means conducting virtual meetings can require some important changes and adjustments to ensure that all your employees are being as productive as they possibly can. To maximize efficiency and productivity of your meetings start by streamlining technology. If there are technical problems, it can make it very difficult to communicate with all meeting participants. Be sure that all technology protocols are able to be followed easily and that all employees are using the same technology products and systems. It is important to choose the right technology that supports the remote needs of your employees. Microsoft Teams and Zoom are leading the way today in video messaging, chats and meetings.
- Designate a meeting facilitator. A facilitator is needed to keep the meeting on schedule and on task and to streamline the discussions and the general flow of the meeting. The facilitator should be someone who has a strong understanding and command of the video and meeting software you are using, can offer technical support and is equipped to answer questions.
- Be sure to start the meeting on time. Always be sure to start your meetings at the scheduled time. Make it a habit to be online and ready 5 minutes before the scheduled meeting time. It is important to start your meeting promptly and begin by conducting a review of business function and goals.
- Next, be sure to stick to the scheduled meeting agenda. Every meeting held should have a specific agenda for participants to follow and everyone should stick to that agenda. To experience successful virtual meetings be sure to put meeting rules in place that will serve to govern the flow of your meeting and always stick to the agenda.
- Finally, encourage and lead organized discussions. It is more often than not in the best interest of the company and group to plan to have each participant speak. Whether you call on meeting attendees or they volunteer to speak, it is important that everyone has an opportunity to comment, make suggestions or weigh in on topics before the meeting comes to a close.
OUR CLIENTS ARE ALWAYS OUR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY
Here at Tax Alternatives, we take tremendous pride in meeting the individual needs of all our valued clients. Our team of professionals understands full well the many challenges that come into play when starting, running and maintaining a small business which is why we offer this insight on conducting successful virtual meetings. For more information about our high-quality outsourcing services, our Christian team of professionals, our service packages, or to schedule a free consultation, reach out to one of our team members today. We look forward to serving you and send along wishes from our little family to yours for a safe and prosperous New Year ahead!